Dear Friends of Music with a Mission:
Here are a few updates of what has and is happening in our ministry.
Last month we drove to Yuma, Arizona and pulled our little camper behind us. We ministered in:
- three RV Parks for their Sunday services
- one RV Park for an afternoon gospel sing
- another RV Park for a Valentine’s banquet
- Two local churches
- Into Mexico where I spoke/sang for a ladies afternoon event.
- Several of us went out to the local dump to share the word and a meal…where over 62 families live and work! They dig through all the garbage to find sellable items they can salvage, to provide food for their families. One woman we met, told us she has lived there for over 35 years. She raised her children in the dump and is now helping to raise her grandchildren there. Out of all the places Bill and I have visited/ministered around the world, I think this one has to be one of the worst, as far as living conditions.
- Mexican Missionaries, Eladio & Margarita Garza-Valencia and the McGillivray’s (from Chinook), are providing love and hope through Spiritual and Natural food, not only at the dump but at their local church and at ECHO Ministries (Every Christian Has Obligations). This is just twenty minutes from the US Border!
- We gave away 82 meals and several Spanish, children’s books. We hope to return soon. Their ministry is a tremendous blessing to the people there and desperately needed.
- In April, we leave for Belgium. We have been asked by Missionaries Jerry & April Foster to come and provide an outdoor concert on the edge of the largest Red-Light District in Antwerp, Belgium. They have a ministry to the “human trafficked” individuals called “Breaking Chains.”
- This concert is set to take place on April 29, 2018. We would appreciate your prayers for this event.
- The missionaries are still trying to secure a permit to hold the event, so prayers are appreciated there as well. We will be in Europe until May 14th.
- June, we plan to drive to Alaska. I am working on booking several events while in route, as well as while in Alaska.
- September, we’ve been invited to South Dakota. The State Coordinator for the Seniors Group titled “Fifty+”… has asked us to travel with him to three different cities to speak and sing for their annual banquet.
- We will be in Sioux Falls, Aberdeen & Rapid City. I don’t have all the details yet, but am looking forward to these events.
- November, Bill and I will travel back to Yuma, AZ for a Veterans Day Celebration at Cocopah RV Resort. We really enjoyed our time in Yuma with Pastor Ken & Pat Ross and all the wonderful people there, so we are already excited about returning later this year.
Below, you will see a few pictures from our visit to Mexico. Your prayers and your finances are always a tremendous blessing, allowing us to share your love with those who are lost spiritually and economically less fortunate. If you would like to be a part of ECHO Ministries, you can contact me and I will give you their information. If you would like to help with the Antwerp, Belgium project, please contact us or go to our website and donate. Our sincere love and appreciation to each one of you for your continued prayers and financial support of Music with a Mission Ministries. We have so many projects we are working on and the above mentioned are just a few…so THANK YOU!
Bill & Cissy Padgett